Care Potassium Citrate Mixture provides relief from the symptoms of cystitis and other mild urinary tract infections in adults and children from 1 year. It contains potassium citrate, which makes the urine less acidic, thus reducing irritation when urinating.
- Adults, the elderly and children over 6 years: Take 2 x 5ml spoonfuls, well diluted with water, three times a day after meals.
- Children 1-6 years: Take 1 x 5ml spoonful well diluted with water, three times a day after meals.
Do not give to children under 1 year old unless your doctor tells you to. If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
- Active Ingredient (per 5ml): Potassium Citrate 1.5g
- Other Ingredients: Citric Acid Monohydrate (E330), Quillaia Tincture, Lemon Oil Terpeneless, Ethanol, Chloroform, Sucrose and Purified Water.
- Contains 2.2g of sucrose per 10ml dose. To be taken into consideration in people with diabetes. If you have been told by a doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, talk to a doctor before taking this medicine.
- Contains a small amount of alcohol (ethanol), less than 100mg per dose.
- Use with the caution if you are elderly as elderly people can react differently when taking this medicine.
- This medicine gives symptomatic relief from cystitis, it is not active against the bacteria which cause such infections. Your doctor may think it necessary to prescribe a suitable antibiotic to be taken together with this medicine.
Do not use Care Potassium Citrate Mixture:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- If you have kidney problems.
- If you have heart problems including an irregular heartbeat.
- If you have high levels of potassium in your blood.
- If you have Addision's disease.
- In children under 1 year.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Care Potassium Citrate Mixture if:
- You or your child are taking any other medication.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.