Care Sodium Bicarbonate BP relieves the symptoms of heartburn and indigestion. It can also be used externally to provide symptomatic relief of insect bites and sunburn.
Take by mouth as an antacid:
- Adults and children aged over 12 years: Take 1 level 5ml teaspoon dissolved in warm water. Take up to 4 times a day.
- Do not give to children under 12 years old.
For external use on bites and sunburn:
- Adults, the elderly and children: Dissolve 1 level 5ml teaspoon in 568ml (1 pint) of warm water. Apply to the affected skin with cotton wool or lint.
Active ingredient: Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate 100%. Sodium: 1020mg/5ml.
There are no other ingredients.
Do not take if you:
- Have an allergy to sodium bicarbonate.
- Have high levels of alkali in the blood.
- Have low level of calcium in the blood.
- Have reduced stomach acid.
- Have heart failure.
- Have kidney problems.
- Have liver problems.
- Have high blood pressure.
- Are taking steroids.