Colief Infant Drops help to relieve colic in babies from birth onwards. The active ingredient is lactase, a naturally occurring enzyme that we all need to break down lactose, found in breast milk and most infant milk formulas, into the simple sugars glucose and galactose which can then be absorbed as part of the normal digestive process.
Lactase deficiency in newborn babies can lead to temporary digestive discomfort (bloatedness, wind and griping pain), which results from undigested lactose in food. This can be an important factor in some babies with colic.
Colief Infant Drops compensate for a possible temporary lactase deficiency in the baby's digestive system, by breaking down most of the lactose before the baby is fed to make it more digestible. Studies have shown that the hours of crying may be greatly reduced when a baby's usual milk is treated with Colief Infant Drops.
Colief Infant Drops are sugar free and are suitable for vegetarians.
Directions : Always add the drops to your baby's milk - never give the drops to your baby directly. Colief works best in milk that is warm (room temperature).
- Breastfeeding: Express a few tablespoons of milk into a sterilised container. Add four drops of Colief. Feed to baby on a sterilised, plastic spoon. Breastfeed as normal.
- Infant Formula: Make up feed as normal, according to manufacturer's instructions. Add 4 drops of Colief to formula that is warm, but not hot. Shake the feed occasionally and feed the baby after half an hour, ensuring the feed is at the correct temperature. Discard any unused feed.
- Ready to Feed Formula: Warm the feed. Add 4 drops of Colief. Shake the feed occasionally and feed the baby after half an hour, ensuring the feed is at the correct temperature. Discard any unused feed.
- Making a Formula Feed in Advance: Make up the feed according to manufacturer's instructions. Add 2 drops of Colief to formula that is warm, not hot. Store in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours and use within 12 hours of make-up. Warm to feeding temperature when needed and feed as normal. Discard any unused formula.
Ingredients : Glycerol, Water, Lactase Enzyme.
- Never give the drops to your baby directly, only in its milk.
- Once opened, refrigerate and discard three weeks after opening.