Fixodent Plus 0% Premier Denture Adhesive Cream gives a strong hold to keep your dentures securely in place throughout the day. It provides a cushion between your gums and your dentures for a snug and comfortable fit and to prevent gum irritation and soreness. It features a very thin precision nozzle to form a food seal, preventing the infiltration of food particles such as seeds and nuts.
Fixodent Plus 0% Premier Denture Adhesive Cream has 0% colourant, 0% flavour and no added zinc for a natural feel in your mouth. It contains no sugar so is suitable for diabetics.
How to apply denture adhesive
- Before fitting dentures or applying any Fixodent denture adhesive, please ensure your dentures are clean and thoroughly dry.
- Start by applying Fixodent to dentures in a series of small dots or strips. Always start with a small amount and do not apply adhesive too close to the edge of your dentures.
- When fitting dentures, press them firmly in place and hold. If adhesive oozes out, you have used too much. The advantage of using Fixodent denture adhesive over denture strips is you have more control over where you apply the adhesive.
- You should find one application of denture adhesive a day is sufficient. If you find that you regularly need to apply more than this to keep your dentures in place, you might want to consult your dentist to address the way they fit.
- Be sure to visit your dentist on a regular basis to ensure that your dentures fit properly and are in good condition. Poor denture fitting can cause considerable discomfort and may damage your mouth over time.
How to remove your dentures
- Before attempting to remove your dentures, first rinse your mouth with warm water or a mouthwash such as Oral-B.
- To remove your lower denture, pull gently while applying a rocking motion.
- Removing your upper denture may be more difficult due to the higher surface area creating a stronger denture fitting. Place your thumb against the front teeth and then press upward and outward in the direction of your nose.
- If these techniques do not release your dentures and you are uncomfortable leaving them in overnight, please seek assistance in a hospital emergency room or a 24-hour dental service.
How to remove adhesive residue from your dentures
- Only ever use a dedicated denture cleanser to clean your dentures.
- Use comfortably hot water, toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove any Fixodent residue from your gums, palette, tongue and mouth. Ensure that all denture adhesive is removed as this will ensure a more effective and comfortable fit when next fitting dentures.
- To avoid injury, under no circumstances should you use any object except your fingers (not your fingernails) to force your dentures to loo
Ingredients : Calcium/Sodium PVM/MA Copolymer, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cellulose Gum, Petrolatum, Silica.