- Helps restore a healthy bacterial balance in the gut
- Helps prevent the overgrowth of harmful yeasts and bacteria
- Helps normalise digestive function
- Supports a healthy immune system
- May improve lactose absorption in people who are lactose intolerant
The human digestive tract is naturally home to both ‘friendly’ and pathogenic bacteria, which must exist in a delicate balance in order to maintain good digestion and immunity. Factors such as poor diet, stress, ageing, alcohol and antibiotics can upset the gastrointestinal tract by destroying good bacteria and allowing undesirable bacteria to multiply.
HealthAid® UltraProbio is a unique formulation containing a superior blend of 100 billion live cultures, using 14 different acid and bile resistant strains to ensure that the bacteria are not destroyed by the stomach juices before they reach the intestines. It is also fortified with a prebiotic (FOS), to help stimulate the proliferation and survival of ‘friendly’ bacteria. Restoring a healthy bacterial balance in the gut can help to calm digestive complaints such as bloating, flatulence, diarrhoea and constipation, boost the immune system and aid the absorption of nutrients from the diet.