Kwells Tablets effectively prevent and control travel sickness in adults and children aged 10 and over. They melt in the mouth for rapid absorption into the bloodstream, so can be taken as little as 20-30 minutes before a journey, or at the onset of sickness.
Kwells Tablets contain the active ingredient hyoscine hydrobromide, which temporarily reduces the effect of movement on the balance organs of the inner ear and the nerves responsible for nausea.
- Adults: Take one tablet every 6 hours, as required. Do not take this medicine more than 3 times in 24 hours.
- Children over 10 years: Give your child half or one tablet every 6 hours, as required. Do not give your child this medicine more than 3 times in 24 hours.
The tablets can be sucked, chewed or swallowed and can be taken up to 30 minutes before travelling to prevent travel sickness or at the onset of nausea.
- Active Ingredient: Hyoscine Hydrobromide 300µg.
- Other Ingredients: Mannitol (E421), Potato Starch, Gelatine Powder, Aluminium Stearate, Saccharin Sodium (E954) and Ferric Oxide (E172)
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Kwells Tablets as this may make you feel more drowsy.
- Kwells Tablets may cause drowsiness. If affected, do not drive or operate machinery.
- Do not take Kwells Tablets if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless recommended by your doctor or midwife.
Do not take Kwells Tablets if you:
- Are allergic (hypersensitive) to hyoscine hydrobromide or any of the other ingredients.
- Are under 10 years of age.
- Have any of the following conditions:
- Blockage of the intestines (Paralytic ileus).
- Narrowing of the stomach outlet (Pyloric stenosis).
- Myasthenia gravis.
- Enlarged prostate gland.
Before taking Kwells Tablets, you should see your doctor if you:
- Are over 60 years of age.
- Are under medical care, especially for heart, metabolic, gastrointestinal, liver or kidney conditions.
- Have previously had a sudden painful inability to pass urine.
- Have ulcerative colitis.
- Have diarrhoea or fever.
- Have Down's Syndrome.
- Suffer from seizures or fits.
Do not take Kwells Tablets if you are taking any of the following medicines, unless advised by your doctor:
- Amantadine (an antiviral).
- Linezolid (an antibiotic).
- Domperidone and metoclopramide (for nausea and vomiting).
- Sublingual nitrates (for angina).