Polytar Scalp Shampoo contains coal tar, a thick, heavy oil which can reduce scales, inflammation and itchiness making it ideal for treating scalp conditions such as psoriasis, seborrhoeic dermatitis, eczema and dandruff.
Directions : Adults and children aged 12 years and over: Use Polytar Scalp Shampoo once or twice a week for four weeks. Use for longer than this should only be on the advice of a doctor.
- Wet your hair.
- Use enough shampoo so that the lather is abundant to cover your scalp, hair and adjacent areas, if also affected.
- Massage the scalp and adjacent areas well using your fingertips.
- Rinse your scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Repeat steps above steps.
- Polytar Scalp Shampoo should be in contact with your scalp for a total time of three to five minutes over the two applications.
If you use more Polytar Scalp Shampoo than recommended or use more often than recommended, you may be more likely to get skin irritation or skin sensitivity to sunlight.
- Active Ingredient: Coal tar solution 4% (w/w).
- Other Ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Phosphate Dihydrate, Citric Acid Monohydrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Macrogol 150 Distearate, Hexylene Glycol, Oleyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium 10, Fruitier Timotei Fragrance, Purified Water.
- Polytar Scalp Shampoo may cause irritancy if in contact with sensitive areas, such as broken or inflamed skin. Stop using Polytar Scalp Shampoo if irritation develops.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. If it gets in your eyes, rinse with clean water.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight or sun beds. If exposure cannot be avoided, wear protective clothing and sunscreen.
- Can stain skin or clothes and can rarely cause a temporary change in hair colour.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Polytar Scalp Shampoo if you are taking any prescribedmedicines particularly ones that may make you more sensitive to sunlight such as thiazides (water tablets), some antibiotics (e.g. tetracyclines) and tranquilizers (e.g. phenothiazines).
- Talk to your doctor before using this Polytar Scalp Shampoo if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If used during breast feeding (after consultation with your doctor), make sure all coal tar is washed off the breast before feeding.
Do not use Polytar Scalp Shampoo:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to coal tar, or any of the ingredients.
- On infected open or damaged skin, or pus-filled blisters (pustules).
- If you are under 12 years.
- If you are in the first trimester of pregnancy.