Children's Chloraseptic Blackcurrant Flavour Sore Throat Spray contains the local anaesthetic benzocaine which acts quickly to numb the pain of a sore throat. Suitable for children from 6 years and adults, it comes with a swivel head applicator to deliver the medication directly to the back of the throat where it is needed.
Children's Chloraseptic Blackcurrant Flavour Sore Throat Spray is sugar free.
- Children aged 6-12 years: Hold breath and spray once to the back of the throat. Repeat every 2-3 hours if required. Do not use more than 8 times a day. Do not use in a child who is unable to hold their breath whilst spraying.
- Adults and teenagers: Hold breath and spray 3 times to the back of your throat. Repeat every 2-3 hours if required. Do not use more than 8 times a day.
How to apply
- Remove the cap from the bottle, and rotate the spray head around by half a circle so that the nozzle extends beyond the bottle.
- If this is a new bottle, or you have not used it since your last sore throat, activate the pump by spraying 3 times away from your face into a sink. This will also help you to get a feel for the pump action.
- Hold the bottle in your hand with your index (first) finger on the pump, ready to spray.
- When you are ready, open the mouth a little and point the spray nozzle towards the back of your throat. The nozzle should be just inside your mouth. This will help the spray get to its target at the back of the throat.
- Ensure the child holds their breath and then press the pump to spray. Do not exceed the dosage on the labelling.
Do not use for more than 3 days in a row. If symptoms do not improve, consult your pharmacist or doctor.
The child should experience temporary numbness in your throat after using the spray. This indicates that the product is working. Avoid eating or drinking as long as the numbness lasts.
If you spray more than you should and the child feels drowsy, you must contact a doctor immediately.
- Active Ingredient: Benzocaine 0.71% w/v (1mg per spray).
- Other Ingredients: Ethanol, macrogol 300, propylene glycol, glycerol, cetylpyridinium chloride, saccharin sodium, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, sodium hydroxide, flavourings (levomenthol, blackcurrant) and purified water.
- If the sore throat is severe or prolonged, or accompanied by fever, headache, or feeling sick, consult a doctor.
- Do not spray into the eyes. If you accidentally spray into the eyes, rinse them thoroughly under water.
- Do not use Children's Chloraseptic Blackcurrant Flavour Sore Throat Spray id you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Children's Chloraseptic Blackcurrant Flavour Sore Throat Spray contains a small quantity of alcohol (less than 0.006 units per spray) to dissolve the other ingredients.
- Children's Chloraseptic Blackcurrant Flavour Sore Throat Spray contains propylene glycol which may cause skin irritation.
Do not use Children's Chloraseptic Blackcurrant Flavour Sore Throat Spray if the child:
- Has difficulty in breathing, noisy breathing or severe difficulty in swallowing. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if this applies.
- Is allergic to benzocaine or any of the other ingredients.
- Has a rare blood condition called methaemoglobinaemia.
- Is under 6 years old.