Clarityn Allergy 10mg Tablets relieve the symptoms associated with hayfever and other allergies, such as sneezing, runny or itchy nose, and burning or itchy eyes, in one daily dose. They also help relieve the symptoms of urticaria (itching and redness) which is often known as hives or nettle rash.
Clarityn Allergy 10mg Tablets contain the active ingredient loratadine, an antihistamine that helps to reduce your allergy symptoms by stopping the effects of a substance called "histamine" which is produced in the body when you are allergic to something.
Clarityn Allergy 10mg Tablets are suitable for adults and children over the age of 2 years who weigh more than 30kg
- Adults and children over 12 years: One tablet once daily.
- Children aged 2 to 12 years weighing over 30kg: One tablet once daily.
- Children under 2 years or weighing less than 30kg: Do not give.
- Active Ingredient: Loratadine 10mg.
- Other Ingredients: Lactose Monohydrate, Maize Starch, Magnesium Stearate.
- At the recommended dose, Clarityn Allergy 10mg Tablets are not expected to cause you to be drowsy or less alert. However, very rarely some people experience drowsiness, which may affect their ability to drive or use machines.
- Clarityn Allergy 10mg Tablets contains lactose; thus if you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
Do not take Clarityn Allergy 10mg Tablets if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to loratadine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse before taking Clarityn Allergy 10mg Tablets if:
- You have liver disease.
- You are scheduled to have any skin tests for allergies. Do not take Clarityn Allergy Tablets for two days before having these tests. This is because it may affect the test results.
- You are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. This includes medicines taken without a prescription.